Saturday, August 14, 2010

Yawhar

Last night we went to Yawhar. After 3 hours of driving up a mountain in the middle of nowhere, we reached a little village with no electricity, phones or clean water. We were told that it had been some time since anyone from the church has been to this village because the last time they came, a woman tried to stone the pastor. We were very unsure what the situation was going to be when we arrived.



We go to Yawhar around 7pm, so it was dark. You couldn't see anything except for a couple candles burning in some mud houses. We brought food into the house and the children in the village all came to the house and sat down. The house was filled with posters on the walls of different Hindu gods. We were unable to preach the gospel last night because of the uneasiness that the pastor felt from the last time they came. But, we were able to sing a song with the children, distribute food and tell those who showed up that Jesus loved them.



There was little girl who came last night that put a huge smile on my face. She sat right across from the while everyone sang and as the food was distributed. Everytime i looked at her she had a huge smile on her face. I made funny faces at her and we laughed back and forth for about 5 minutes. I noticed that she was coughing a lot while we were there. I was able to sit next to her and put my hand on her shoulder and pray for her. Im blessed to have had that opportunity to pray for healing for her. Please keep her in your prayers as well as the children in that village.



After we distributed food to those who showed up (lettuce, bread and peppers), we left. We made it home last night around midnight. I took notice last night to the last time that i was here in India and visited that same village. I was able to share a message for 15 minutes about God's love that was translated into their language. This was one year ago. Now, that same message couldn't be preached in that same village because the circumstances had changed. I'm so blessed to have had that opportunity one year ago to share about Gods love. Makes me think, the opportunities we have right now may not be available later. Share your testimony and the Gospel NOW....because you may not have that same opportunity in the future.

I have been studying and praying, preparing myself for next week when i leave to live with david and his family in the mountains. I want to be ready to share the faith i have in Christ if I am given the opportunity, no matter what the setting is like. I had a conversation yesterday with a member of the church here that caught my attention and concerned me. I ask for you to pray for my safety.

Again, thank you for reading this and praying for me.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you... I can imagine how uncertain things are there... But we both know how certain God is for sending you there and I know you will overcome the fear and reach as many people as possible..luv ya, Heather

    ReplyDelete