Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mumbai, Home for Now.



Blessed.

I think that sums it up. I'm so grateful to be here and be able to help in any way that will be made available for me to do so. God has already been taking care of the little details. I was told that the process to buy a sim card for my phone would take at LEAST 3 weeks because i am not a citizen and need permission. That 'process' took 10 minutes and i now have a working cell phone. Thank You God.


I took the picture to the left yesterday while at the station. This is a normal sight here in Mumbai. I have been adjusting for jet lag while trying to familiarize myself with the railroad system and see where all of the stores/shops are that i will need on a daily basis. I feel very comfortable with the knowledge that i have so far. Yesterday, i went to the market to buy some fruit as well as to the mall (about 15 minutes in a rickshaw). It rained last night, and I stood in the rain for 20 minutes waiting for a rickshaw to pick me up and take me home. Last night i met with the local pastor her in Mumbai where i will be attending church. I let her know that i was here and ready to do anything that i am needed to do. I will be working more closely with the church when i return from Nagaland in several weeks. There are plans for this weekend to go to the orphanage as well as a church in a village located in the mountains.



Here is a picture from my train ride yesterday. I will be riding this same train today as i head to Church Gate, near the Taj Hotel, to pick up some things i need for my trip.

Thank You for praying for me and for reading this.

Prayer Request

On my flight from New Orleans to Washington I sat next to a man who was in the army and coming home from a 16 month stay in the middle east. He obviously heard the conversation i was having with a friend while getting on the plane because he asked me about what i was doing and where i was going. That opened the door for me to share my testimony and tell him how God wants to have a relationship with Him. There was no prayer said or a commitment made to Christ, but i do know that a seed was planted on that flight. Please keep Edgar in your prayers. He was headed to Virginia where he is stationed for the next 2 years.

I am buying my ticket today for Dimapur today. I will fly there next week and be picked up by David and Glory at the airport. We will then head to Nagaland where i will be living with them for several weeks. Please pray for my safety as well as God to open the door to share about Him.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stephen: praying God's glory to fall wherever He leads you!
    Be confident on the ONE who called you, He is the ONE making you competent ! Live everyday on Charles Wesley's daily motivation: "Every morning, I set myself on fire for the Lord Jesus Christ and I let others see me burning!" Make people hungry and thirsty for the reality of Jesus in your life!
    Love you, Luis and Janet Soto
    paypal wasn't kind to us , going to chase.

    ReplyDelete