Monday, August 16, 2010

Open Doors...

If you haven't read the blog post under this (Shanti Orphange), please do so.

Today was an amazing testimony of how God opens doors. Tonight I went to a friends house here in Mumbai. I was introduced to this new friend (We'll call him Vik) last week right after i arrived here. Vik and his family are Hindi. They have an idol in their kitchen with candles burning around it. We got to his house around 7 o'clock tonight. His family is very wealthy. They have 2 servants, 2 cars and houses in other parts of India. Just being invited to his house was a testimony that God will order your footsteps when you seek after Him. Vik is extremely talented and very smart. He speaks 5 languages fluently. After getting to the house, we met his parents. Both were very kind and later took us out to dinner. While still at the house, Vik wanted to show us that he knew how to play the paino. He played several songs then asked if I knew how to play. I said yes, but to be honest, the only songs i know how to play on the piano are worship songs. One of the languages that Vik speaks fluently is Spanish. So, i played a worship song in spanish as my friend and i sang the song. Vik just sat there and stared. While in the middle of this, i couldn't help but take notice to the facts. I'm sitting in a rich Hindi family's house in India with an idol in the next room, and i'm singing worship songs in spanish that he understands. That's crazy. That's God. After playing for a little bit i offered to teach him how to play some songs while i am here. He immediately said 'yes' and we are planning to get together in a couple weeks. I will be teaching him the songs i played tonight (worship songs). Again, that's crazy. Think about that. While he is home practicing what i teach him in the next couple weeks, he will be practicing worship songs to God. Seeds being planted. Pray for Vik.

It's 12:30 am on Tuesday morning. I have to pack and the lights in my room dont work. I'm using a flash light to pack my suitcase. I have to leave in about 5 hours to go to the airport. I will be flying from Mumbai to Kalkuta to Dimapur. David Pou will pick me up from the airport then we will head to Nagaland.

I highly doubt i will have service to do anything on the internet while i am there. This will probably be my last blog post for a couple weeks until i get back to Mumbai on Sept. 4. Please pray for my safety. Also pray that God opens doors for me to serve, encourage and preach the Gospel.

Thank You for reading this, for praying for me and all the things i post on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment