Sunday, August 8, 2010

India



Today i leave for India. The picture above (I took at the Shanti Orphanage in India last year when i was living there) basically describes how i feel right now as i type this. I am pumped.

Yesterday was spent getting everything packed and ready to go for today. This morning i will be going to my home church, Verbo, where i will be prayed for before i leave for India. I am thankful to have a church family that is committing to pray for me. My flight leaves at 5:15 pm today from New Orleans. I head to Washington, D.C, where i have a one hour layover. From there it's an 18 hour plane ride to Dubai. From there.....a 3 hour layover then a 5 hour flight to Mumbai, India. I will be arriving in India at 3 am on Tuesday morning.

I am excited to see what God has in store for me to be apart of in India for the next 48 days. I can honestly say that I am and have been listening to God more closely over the past several months leading up to this big step that i am taking. John 10:27 is something that i have been holding onto knowing that God desires to speak to us and lead us as we live this life. At this time....I am just following that voice into India knowing that God is going to do something amazing with me and to me.



Prayer Request



The annual Ganesh Festival will be starting soon after i arrive in India. The only way that i know how to describe this is by saying that it is a demonic Mardi Gras. There are alot of similarities to Mardi Gras with the addition of a god that is worshiped during this time, Ganesh. Ganesh is a boy with an elephant head and 6 arms. I do not know the entire story behind this festival, but i do feel uncomfortable when it happens. Please pray for my protection (physical and spiritual) during my stay as well as during this particular festival. I pray that God would use me in an amazing way during this time when so many people are turning to and worshiping idols .



The last time i was in India i met a couple who are missionary's to India, David and Glory Pou. I have been keeping in touch with David Pou since my last visit and our ministry in New Orleans has even been able to bless them financially. I wrote to David and told him that i would be visiting India. He immediately wrote me back and expressed that i was welcome where they are doing ministry at in India...a place called Nagaland. I am extremely pumped about the possibility of going to visit David and his family and see/assist in anyway that i can with the work they are doing. This is the email that i received from David last week:

'We are so glad that you are planinig to visit India. We will be very happy to have you in Nagaland. How many of you want to come and for how many days will you able to spend with us ?. We will arrange everything together and make all posible. Thank you so much brother. We are anxiously waiting for you.'

My plan is to visit David and his family shortly after I arrive in India. I will have to fly from Mumbai to Dimapur. Today i looked into how much a ticket would be to do that and the cost was around $350. At this moment, i cannot afford to buy that ticket but know that God will provide if it is His will for me to go. Please pray for this potential trip that i may take as well as David and his family who are planting a church in Nagaland.







Please pray for the people that i will come in contact with/be working with in Mumbai. Pray that they are open to the Gospel and that their hearts are receptive to the seed that will be planted. I am unsure of what magnitude i will be serving while in Mumbai, but please pray that if i am give the opportunity to preach or lead any sort of group that God would lead and guide me on what exactly to share about. Please pray that i am sensitive to the Holy Spirit and only what God wants me to say is said.



Thinking about the past couple weeks as i was preparing for this trip and sharing with my friends and family, i am so blessed to have those of you in my life that pray for me. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this and to pray for me and for these things i have shared with you. I have been prayed for more over the past month by friends and churches than any time in my entire life. Thank You to all of you who have allowed me to share about what i am doing and how God has led me to this point in my life. I do not have the words to express how much I am grateful for you. I love you and will be praying for all of you.

Please keep in touch with me via Facebook or email (sdaigle188@gmail.com). If you would like to help me financially, i have put a button on the right hand side of this blog where you can do so. If there is a specific place where you would like the money to be used (ex. Plane ticket, Shanti Orphanage, Church in Mumbai, etc..), please specify that when you are asked during the donation process.

Philippines 1:3
'I thank my God every time I remember You.'

Time to go.
Next time i blog will be from India.
Thats a crazy thought.
I'm pumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment