Monday, August 23, 2010

Drained

man...

Extremely blessed to be able to get on a computer here and write this.

Never been so drained in my entire life. Physically, Spiritually, Emotionally.
Since being here in Nagaland, i have been able to preach and share the Gospel over 9 times to 9 different groups of people in Hindi, Nepali and Nagamese. Yesterday was church. I woke up at 530 to teach sunday school to 50 kids (Daniel and the Lions Den and David and Goliath), preached at church (Importance of Listening), shared my testimony at youth and Preached again at a special sunday night service. In between each service i had to walk a mile back to the house to rest, try and eat and take a nap. I have NEVER been so drained, but at the same time, never felt that God was the one working through my life. I have nothing left. I mean that. I'm so tired and in awe of everything that has happened. There is still another 12 days left here. More churches, more youth, more kids, more Hindu's, more Nepali's, more Naga's...

I just opened my facebook (something i do NOT take for granted anymore..so blessed to have that thing to be connected with friends who pray for me). Couldn't help but cry when my homepage came up. It's a good thing im in the corner of this cafe with curtains around me. Tears running down my face. I am so blessed to have amazing friends and family who have written to me and posted encouaraging things on my wall. you have NO IDEA HOW MUCH I NEED THAT. For you to write me a bible verse is like food to me. I mean that. I now know what it means to live off of the word of God...seriously, not joking. I have not been feeling very well. Eating frogs, worms, pig and even killing my own chicken to eat. All together...so worth it. Worth every moment of the discomfort that i feel.

The pastor sat me down yesterday and looked me in the eyes. He says 'Word about what God has done in your life is spreading through Nagaland. We had a lot of people at church this morning. Next week, we expect much more. Everyone has heard about the miracle God has done and how you are here. It really is a miracle.'

I sat down after thinking i was going to die...no joke. i felt bad because of everyone who was involved and how much draining it had to be on everyone who was there. David turned and looked at me and said...'Every person who was involved in this situation has been blessed to be apart of it. They have seen God's faithfulness like they have never seen it before.' It is very hard for me to believe that because of all the emotions that i had running through me, but i do believe that. I believe that because i am alive...only because GOD had kept me alive and continues to be faithful to me.

Seriously, love you all, more than you know. Don't have the words to express it. Please contintue to pray for me as the next 13 days (unless i get deported again) will be just as busy as the past 4.

I thank God for YOU.

1 comment:

  1. Reading your post is like a novel... I cant get enough it makes me feel like I am there. God is doing amazing things with you.. and lay off the frogs :) I would be sick too! Been worried about you.. but also very proud for you and to know you and what is happening in your life and the lives you are touching...

    luv ya and praying for you always! You are on our Church prayer list ;) FUMC has got your back! Heather

    ReplyDelete