Friday, August 13, 2010

Got My Ticket! Yawhar Tonight.



Thank You for reading this and keeping me in your prayers.


Yesterday was a very eventful day. I went out for the first time by myself on a train ride around India. I bought a ticket and got on a train to Church Gate (an hour away). The train was extremely packed....i think someone punched me in the back a couple times. I familiarized myself with as much of the city as possible. After, i took a train ride to Bandra. I spent part of the day there and eventually met up with a friend to have coffee. While in Bandra, i was in a rickshaw and passed by a store that was run by a muslim man. The music was very loud so everyone could hear. Later that afternoon, i passed by the same store and there were about 200 men, on the ground in the middle of the road on their knees praying while this music was loud for all to hear. It was something i have never seen before. There were so many men on the ground praying that they were blocking the street.



This morning i woke up and bought my ticket to go to Nagaland. After some trouble with my bank card, because i'm not in america and trying to use it in India, the situation was resolved. I now have my ticket! Thank You God! The ticket cost was $400, a little more than i expected it to be. I know that God will provide for me if i run out of money but i am being very wise with my spending. I will be leaving next Tuesday morning to go to the mountains and help David Pou with his ministry. The flight is about 5 hours from Bombay. I am unsure of....well, basically everything. All I know is that God has opened up this door for me and provided for me to go there. I have been praying and asking God that he would use me however he desires and if i am given the opportunity to share, that He would give me the words that i need to say. Please pray this for me.

This is what i see everyday when i need to go anywhere in India. This is actually a very nice looking rickshaw in comparison to all the others that i ride on a daily basis. The average cost of traveling somewhere in Borivoli (Colony where i live) is about 50 cents US. That doesn't seem like alot at all, but it adds up quickly after riding in a rickshaw around 8 times a day, and sometimes going outside of the little colony i live in (could cost $1 or more).

In a couple hours, I will be leaving to go to Yawhar. We will be going to a little village in the middle of nowhere (i mean that, in the middle of NOWHERE). We will be bringing them food as well as sharing with them a little message about God. Please pray for safety as we travel (6 hour ride in car) as well as for those who we will be giving food to and talking to about God. Pray that God allows them to understand how much he loves them, that He IS the living God and that He desires to have a relationship with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment