Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Great Escape

After being able to preach at the police station to the youth of the police officers, David turned and looked at me and said, 'This is a miracle.' A majority of those kids gave their life to Christ that night. Please pray for those kids, that they would continue to seek God and grow in their faith. Immediately after i was done sharing, a man from the police church came up to me and asked if i would be in town that weekend. I told him i was suppose to leave to head back to Mumbai. He said he wanted me to talk to all the police officers and their families the upcoming Sunday.

We returned home that night and told the pastor, who couldn't believe it. Everybody we told had a huge smile on their face and were encouraged to know that after everything that had happened (police station, deported, etc..), God was faithful through it all.

That night, i prayed and asked God for wisdom as my days in Nagaland were coming to an end. As i prayed, i felt God speak to my heart and say 'Go Home, you did what you were sent to do.' Immediately I thought to myself, 'shut up satan, im not scared to stay here.' That night i did not sleep. The next day, i have never felt God speak to me so strongly as he continued to tell me to 'Go home, You did what you were sent to do.' This went on for 2 days and i was unable to sleep for both nights. Finally, i was frustrated and asked God to please confirm that He really wanted me to go home....because i was willing to stay. On the third day, i woke up to find a lady from the local village at davids house. She had come over to give me something. She said that she was thinking about me the previous night and God wanted her to give me some verses. Those verses were Matthew 10:16-17. 'I am sending you out like sheep among wolves-Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.' As soon as i read it i knew that God was trying to tell me that i need to leave. The first thing that came to my mind was that i had been like a dove the entire time i was there and it was time to be like a snake and sneak out of india. I kept all this to myself. Later that same day, still feeling very uneasy about going back to mumbai, i was blessed to be in front of a computer. I checked my mail....and decided to take a look at who had been looking at my blog....as soon as i opened the program that tracks my blog, my heart dropped. People around where i was staying in India had been watching my blog the entire time i was in India. Yes, THIS BLOG. Not only that, but people in the neighboring state which had recently killed youth in front of a church for their faith in Christ. I showed David and we both prayed. He told me that the night before, He and Glory were woken up at 1am with a very uneasy spirit. He was very worried for my safety and we both decided that it was best for me to leave the country immediately. I had a plane ticket that was to leave to head back to Mumbai on friday, which means that i had to be out of the country by friday just in case the government noticed i missed my flight and were to look for me.
We immediately went back to David's house where i threw all i had into my bags. We looked at a map and decided between the 4 possible northern countries to go to, that Nepal was the best option. David, Glory and I sat down to pray before we were to leave. David's prayer was 'God, just as you delivered the Israelites out of Egypt, and you opened the red sea, we pray that you not only open the way for us to leave, but also close the sea behind us.' David and i ran out the house to the bus station. I got on the bus and immediately called a friend (speaking in spanish in case they were listening to the phone call) and asked Him to pray and for financial help. I knew i was going to need a miracle financially to get home. David got on the bus with a huge smile. I looked at him and thought to myself, 'how can you smile right now.' He looked at me and said, 'guess what the bus station just told me.'....'This is the last bus out of Nagaland for 3 days and they are closing the roads behind us. Nobody will be able to leave nagaland and go to nepal for 3 days after this bus leaves.'..

speechless....

i'll write all that happened next later..

4 comments:

  1. Love you man! This is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God does AMAZING things through your life Stephen. It brings the greatest joy to me to know that God works through people the way he does through you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I am reading a clinching Novel.... I am on the edge of my seat and cannot wait to see you next week..Your amazing and have done some awesome things and God is shining down on you :0 I am so proud of what you did there and proud to know you.. I am sure you know I read your blog all the time and had others here doing it all well... so scary people know our every move but God protected you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaw dropping! This is the kind of God that we serve! JAW DROPPING!

    ReplyDelete