Thursday, October 21, 2010

In awe of the one who gave it all...

Sunday night in Alexander City was awesome. 4-5 youth groups showed up for the SNS (Sunday Night Service). I was given the opportunity to share about missions and India. Planting seeds. I was talking with the youth minister there (daniel) who will be trying to organize a trip to New Orleans next year. Pumped about that. Blessed to have been able to tell some people (Krisit and Bryan Hanna, Savanah, Brady and Daniel) Thank You for praying for me while i was in India. Can't tell you how much it meant to me to know you were keeping up with what was happening, praying for me and telling others to pray for me. THANK YOU!

Monday i went to SIFAT to get things ready for our iTuesday retreat next month. Great to see Nate, Laura and Mary and spend some time with them. I didn't want to leave. That retreat is going to incredible.




After driving 900 miles in less than 30 hours, i made it back to New Orleans just in time to get ready for iTuesday. I spoke about the importance of God's word. Not only reading it, but doing it (James 1:22-25, James 2:14-25). iTuesday was packed this past week. We saw a lot of new faces. There was a christian rock band (Kiros Kiros) from Canada that is on tour right now in the US. They were passing through New Orleans and stopped by iTuesday this week. Awesome guys. Very challenged by the conversations i had with them. iTuesday keeps getting better and better. The family keeps growing. love it.

Last night i was given the opportunity to speak at Verbo's youth group. Awesome time with those guys. Very excited to see what God is doing there and how much they continue to grow in number and in their relationship with Christ. I appreciate the opportunity that was given to talk last night. Saw God do some cool stuff.

4 days. 900 miles. Preached 3x. Blessed.

This weekend is going to be a needed get away to relax. Every year, about 20 of my friends have an annual camping trip. Thats happening this Saturday. I'm looking forward to spending some time away with my good friends this weekend. Leaving tomorrow and coming back on Sunday.

Next week i will be flying to San Francisco, CA to help and speak at a youth retreat. Please pray with me for that retreat and that God would use me in an awesome way.


THANK YOU FOR CONTINUING TO READ THIS AND PRAY FOR ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment