Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hanging with the boys

Good 2 weeks working in the slums. It's been raining alot, so we split up the age groups and go into houses in the slums to do worship and teach a bible story.







My favorite thing to eat so far....fresh squid and pineapple. Good stuff.



We took Sarah and SJ to a mall here in Phnom Penh last week.





Funny story. Never know what you will find when you go exploring. There were these signs posted up around this stadium here last week for this fight. I walked over to the stadium and found out that there was a Professional Cambodian Kick Boxing that night. So, i bought me and aaron tickets ($2.50 each). We went to the fight, which was equivalent to a Pay-Per-View fight in the states. It was awesome. Sat next to some Cambodian police officers and had good times. Anyway, the next day the boys from the orphanage come and tell me that they saw me on TV the night before. They were pretty excited about it and laughing. Then, went to church the next day....and when i got there, my friends at church told me that they also saw me on TV at the fight. I guess it was a nationally televised fight. Crazy. Good Times. To be continued below....




Every time i get in a Tuk Tuk and am about to get dropped off where i am going, i tell the Tuk Tuk driver that I'm not going to pay him what i told him i would. They always laugh.



This week in the slums there was medical treatment available for the children.



Samuel, Me and Isa.



Elephants walking around in the streets.




So, the boys were so excited about seeing us on TV that we decided to look for an event to take them to. Aaron and I found out that they have Professional Cambodian Kick Boxing every Friday, Saturday and Sunday night....for Free. It's about 15 minutes from the orphanage, but you can't beat a free fight. We took the boys this past Saturday night. It was Awesome. We sat on the front row and were on TV again. They have lived here their whole lives but never been to an event like this (but they watch it on TV every weekend together at the orphanage). They really had a good time and it was a good opportunity to build relationships.



Yesterday we went to the villages to do childrens church. Found some boys hanging out in the fields fishing.








Good Times Here in Cambodia.
Today I'm taking the boys out to get some KFC . Thank You to those of you who gave me any money. You are buying them KFC.
Tonight I'm leaving to go to Thailand to renew my Visa.
Thank You for keeping up and continually praying.
Love You Guys.

1 comment:

  1. Loving this bro!

    PS I need to know what time you're arriving. email me.

    ReplyDelete