Friday, July 16, 2010

Demanding an Explanation?

Tonight I'm blessed with the opportunity to go share at a youth lock-in at midnight in Mississippi. Please pray that God would use me and speak through me. As i have been preparing for tonight, i have been thinking a lot about Matthew 16:24-27. I have been asking myself what have i given up to follow Christ? Do I take up my cross DAILY or do i hear this and think of just a circumstance that i can honor God by the decisions i make? Taking this verse seriously and applying it to all areas, everyday, every circumstance and every attitude is a struggle. But, its a struggle in which God is glorified by our decision to do so. I read something this week that broke my heart and made me think more about these verses in Matthew...

http://blog.invisiblechildren.com/

I keep thinking about the sentence regarding Nate's life that says 'Nate lived a life that demanded explanation.'
Do i live a life that demands an explanation in which the explanation is looking to Christ and saying that He is that explanation?
Very challenged.
Im excited to share tonight about these things. Thank you for praying for me and for those who will be there tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment