Monday, June 13, 2011

Being Aware

Yesterday (Sunday in Brookhaven for 'Missions Sunday') was awesome. Blessed to have been able to lead worship for both services. Met an old lady who blew me away by the stories she told about her missionary friends. Blessed to have been apart of yesterday.

Only one week left till i leave for Cambodia.

These past couple weeks have been...i guess 'difficult' is the word. I feel like there are alot of things that God has been trying to teach me that i have been completely unaware of. I feel like i'm being put into situations in my life to bring me to a place where i am aware of those things that God wants me to focus on. Trust is a big issue, as always.

Tomorrow night is my last iTuesday for 7 weeks. Bitter Sweet. Gonna miss being with my family on tuesday nights. Nothing takes the place of it, no matter where i am or what country i am in. Tomorrow night im going to talk about 'Being Aware'...specifically, being aware of the commitment level that God desires from us in our relationship with Him. I think i've noticed how easy it has been for me to loose focus on how much God desires from me. It has been easy to be apart of a ministry or 'be involved' and loose sight of my personal relationship with Christ.

This week i was thinking about Matthew 7:21-23.
kinda scary when you think about it.
Some will be totally unaware that they do NOT have a personal relationship with Christ because they are caught up with 'being involved' in church, etc...

Pray for me.
I pray for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment