Friday, April 1, 2011

Outside my box

Blessed to say that i have been very busy this past week. Daniel (youth pastor from Alex City) came in town to look over the work projects that his kids will be doing when they get here. We both are excited about how much the kids will be helping the local churches here in Kenner and on the West Bank. Pumped. They get here in T-minus 9 days.

This past Tuesday night, we had bad weather (to say the least). The street on which we meet for iTuesday was flooded and there was nickel sized hail. In spite of all that, we still had iTuesday and we still had a descent turn out. I was surprised to see how many people swam to iTuesday last week. Was definitely worth it. Corey Hicks shared about forgiveness and Matthew 18:21-23. Awesome night.



Here is a picture of me and my niece, Emma, on my birthday (march 11). Love that little girl.



My family: Heather, Dad, Mom and Me. Blessed to have this family. This photo was taken last weekend at a wedding.



Outside My Box

In planning for leaving the country this upcoming summer, there is something that i am beginning to realize. I NEED the support (both praying and financially) from my family, friends and brothers and sisters in Christ. This trip to cambodia is going to cost me around $3,000. I am working as hard as i can and as often as i am given the opportunity to work. I am saving as much as i can while still paying my bills. But even with my work and saving i will still be short of the amount i need to go this summer.

I have been talking with many friends of mine who are missionary's both here in New Orleans and around the world. Every single one of them has told me to start asking for 'partners' as i continue to go serve around the world.

I have never asked for money. never.

For the past two years, as i have traveled to India, i worked and raised the money that i needed on my own. The cost of traveling and living in India is cheaper than it is for Cambodia.

Asking for help is definitely outside of my comfort zone and i'm praying that God gives me wisdom on who and how to ask to partner with me as i continue to go where God leads me to go.

If you are reading this, i ask you to pray about partnering with me. The money that you give me (one time or monthly) will be used to cover the cost of this trip to cambodia and my trip back to India later this year. Please pray about helping me financially. I need it.

The ways that you can give to me are:

1. Clicking on the 'donate' button on the top right side of this page.
2. Emailing me at sdaigle188@gmail.com

Also, if you are reading this and you have a friend or family member that might be interested in supporting me, please share this blog with them.

THANK YOU for reading this, praying for me, and being a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment