Wednesday, March 16, 2011

He Knows.

Read this today. Been thinking about it. Really stood out to me.

Proverbs 16:9
'In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.'

Question i am always asked: 'whats next for you? whats your plan?'

I hate that question. The reason i hate that question is because if i were to say 'well, proverbs 16:9 says 'in his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps', so i don't have any plans. I just want to wait and see what God wants to do with me and allow myself to be available to whatever his plan is, wherever it is.' If i were to say that, the next reply would be 'yea...BUT...'
and then something totally distorted view of 'proper' life planning (financially, marriage, kids, 401K, etc...). The more i read and spend time with God, the more i see that his plans are perfect, no matter what i do or try to do. His will is always going to prevail.

The remainder of this year...i don't know. Do i have desires and potential countries i will be going to? yes. is that for sure? no.

Lets just see what God does.

Pray for me. I pray for you.

I don't know, i guess i would just challenge you as a friend to read that scripture and meditate on just that. It's a lot to think about. It's your life that you have to think about when you read that one verse, and whether or not you are trusting that God is determining your steps.....no matter what you do.

2 comments:

  1. I find myself planning and re-planning, scheduling and rescheduling. Many times it's frustrating and at other times just a major life lessons God is teaching me. You are very right though, in the end God's will will always prevail. I know that as long I am in His hands, trying to move along with His current, I'll always end up where I want to be. With Him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I randomly came across your blog this morning. I totally agree with what you just put in there. I guess every child of God has to go through this time in their life.

    The preacher is crying out 'find the will of God', and the people are wondering where to find it. I think 'the will of God' is overly manipulated by people to have their own will and way. Finding the will of comes through patience and obedience.

    For me personally finding the will of God was a simple act of prayer saying - 'I surrender lord, Its not about me anymore but only about you.' These magical words cleared up so much for me.

    Contrary to what situations or people around me have to say, the truth is that the Lord is faithful, what He has planted in our hearts He will accomplish for his glory. The hazy time when we cant really see into the future is called the refiners fire moment. (Is 48:10)

    The wonderful thing to know is that God is at work in each of his children s lives, He molds and crafts on each individual, intricately perfecting his work.

    He is faithful, who called us, faithful to LEAD, to DIRECT and to PROVIDE.

    Keep writing and God bless you.

    Rebecca Ramaiah
    INDIA

    ReplyDelete