Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Year

I was surprised to see the number of people looking at this blog in Delhi (India) hmmm....


Anyway, Its been a busy month. My best friend came in town from Guatemala this past month. Had fun hanging out and talking about his upcoming wedding next year in Guatemala. Gonna be Awesome! Please pray for him (David) and the preparation that goes into the wedding. He is also trying to adopt a little girl and will find out more details this February (very soon). Please Pray with me for that!

This weekend i will be headed to Atlanta, GA for Passion conference. Excited about that and praying that God would give me direction for this upcoming year. Please pray for me this upcoming weekend that I would listen to whatever God is trying to tell me.

Its looking like plans will be getting finalized for this years trip in about a month or so. Extremely excited to have the opportunity that i am going to have this year to, again, go on the other side of the world. I would very much like to return to visit my friends and the youth in northern India, but am waiting to see if thats what God wants me to do this year.

January is looking very busy (and thats a good thing). I will be heading up to Alex City, AL to get things ready for a group that is coming to New Orleans in April to serve with us at iTuesday and help out some local churches. Pumped about that. I am also looking forward to heading back to Picayune, MS to see some awesome friends and share on a wednesday night. There is a church here in New Orleans that helped me financially when i returned from India, and i might be given the opportunity to preach on a Sunday. Praying that all works out.

Realizing some stuff.
New Orleans.
iTuesday.
Church.
The importance of being active where you are at right now. I find myself to always be looking towards 'what's next' for me. By saying that, i mean i am looking forward to going back around the world. Thats cool.....but not if it takes focus away from the opportunities that are right in front of my face here. God is doing some really incredible stuff here at iTuesday in New Orleans. I'm so blessed to be apart of that family of friends that meet each week to grow together. I am beginning to see more clearly the opportunities to be a light here in New Orleans while i am here. Last night i had the opportunity to share at iTuesday about being a Sell Out for Jesus. Blessed to have that opportunity. Don't deserve it.

My encouragement to whoever is reading this: Be the light where you are. Let God work out the details for the 'next step' while you focus on being the light right now.

Love you guys and appreciate your prayer and support.




Here is a picture that was taken a week ago of David, McKenzie and I. Blessed to have these two as friends. Both David and McKenzie live at Casa Bernabe in Guatemala.

No comments:

Post a Comment